Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Daring to accept the LIFE



Norma McCorvey is better known as “Jane Roe” of Roe vs. Wade. A court case my generation has only known as “that abortion case.” I had never known the name involved, never known the back-story, until today. I know this may not be brand new news, but frankly, I think we need a refresher course.
Norma McCorvey in the beginning of 1973 was the face of legalizing abortion in America.
A hot topic that even today can cause a forest fire of emotions.
What blew my mind is how Christ entered her life and changed her focus drastically. It went from herself, her “so called” rights and shifted to Jesus, and her actions changed dramatically. In John 14:6, it says, 6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.
You bet the life!

Do I agree with this woman about EVERYTHING – Heavens no! I don’t know her personally. But I decided to make her a daring daughter because she responded when Jesus knocked on her heart.
She chose to repent and literally change direction from her sins.
Now a member of the Catholic Church, McCorvey devotes her time to "Roe No More." According to its mission statement, the Dallas-based ministry "strives to network pro-life speakers throughout the nation in order to provide a base of educational and informational speakers and presenters for organizations who wish to promote the sanctity of human life and the message of love and forgiveness." http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21598
She has also written two books, "I Am Roe," currently out of print, and "Won by Love" ( ThomasNelson,$20) http://www.priestsforlife.org/testimony/prodigaldaughterpia98.htm
Let us be a people, who strive to live purposefully, who choose to walk consciously.

We should be Pro-life, because God was Pro-life when it came to us. And let’s face it, we were life, but maybe not living it to its fullest in the freedom of Christ, perhaps we had not even learned to walk yet, or talk to verbalize our prayers. We maybe ourselves were just the life from conception, but how God knew us and knew every day of our
lives, every hair on our head; caring enough to give us life at all.
Oh how He surpassed the definition of love when He sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins, so that we could live forever with Him. Talk about Pro-Life.

1 comment:

  1. This is a topic near and dear to my heart! I've got a prayer team together to pray for our President's heart to change on the subject of abortion. Go here to learn more:

    http://travelingtheroadhome.blogspot.com/2009/01/36-years.html

    There's also a button to grab for your blog. Sorry it's been so long since I've visited - but I'm glad I did today!

    Hugs,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete